Saturday 7 August 2010

A quiet week on the knitting front

Having put Pergola out for test knitting and finished my husband's socks I seem to be struggling to get started on anything. I could finish the stripy jumper I've been working on for months but it's August and I can't seem to summon the will to work on a December jumper (Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran).

I have started a Persephone Scarf in Claudia's handpainted silk lace in the Copper Pennies colourway. The pattern looks well written and Mim Felton patterns are always a joy. Her Adamas shawl was the first laceweight shawl I made and I loved it although don't wear it very often.

I have frogged the cabled shawlette as I wasn't enjoying it any more but I do think there's a pattern idea lurking for me in shawlettes, cables, deep ribbed border...

I have another stole/scarf pattern in the sketching stage. The two stage borders are planned but now I need to decide what to do in the middle. I think it will be called Pavillion, or possibly Vignette - depending on what I do with the middle section.

However today is not a knitting day. Today is a tidying the house and going to the village fete day. The local village fete has homemade beer, wine and jam competitions and hopefully a good cake stall so possibly village fete haul pictures later...

No comments: