I actually finished this a few days ago but it's been a very busy week so I haven't got round to writing about it. This is my very first quilt using about half of a Moda Layer Cake from the Little Fabric Store in the Fandango fabric range. It's backed with a plain ivory calico and lightly hand quilted horizontally and diagonally, and then finally with buttons. The binding is a shop bought reel of satin biad binding from Habbyworld all handstitched (because I'm insane)
Here's a close up:
It needs to be washed before being wrapped up for Christmas but first I need to stop being terrified about it disintegrating.
In other news:
- No progress on the second Lymond sock as yet
- 75% of the way through a Through the Woods hood using dk rather than chunky in the hopes of it fitting my smallest niece
- Two testers have finished Whipple successfully so that's going well
- I have commissioned some custom pie inspired yarn for a new pattern
- I've just bought some lovely Wild Fire Fibres Hercules yarn for a further new pattern that's brewing in my head. This yarn came from Purl City Yarns which is a new yarn shop in the Northern Quarter. More on this place next time...