Saturday 23 October 2010

I did say quilting was quicker...

My first quilt top
So as I said earlier today I wanted a second hobby that gave more instant gratification than knitting. Well you can't get much more instant than this. Since my earlier blog post these pre-cut squares (Moda Dea Fandango) have been washed, ironed dry, arranged, sewn into strips, seams ironed, strips sewn together, seams ironed flat again to create my very first quilt top. It's not hand sewn as I summoned my courage and got out the sewing machine.

Now to buy backing fabric and wadding. I'm thinking of doing the binding edge by folding over the backing rather than a separate binding strip but I might yet change my mind.

I'm rather pleased with myself!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ooh, it looks great! Well done :)