Thursday 2 September 2010

And finally a winner

Sorry to be late posting this but life has got in the way this week. My favourite name for the textured shawlette is Mizzle from Plumbum so she will win whichever of the Araucania or the Knitting Goddess she prefers.

That being said I also have another shawlette in the planning which will have different construction but a similar feel so I'm stealing Samantha's Cityscape for that one. Whichever yarn Plumbum doesn't prefer will go to Samantha.

You gave some great suggestions so I'm definitely doing this again at some point. I loved the literary ones

In other news, I have been finishing things:

The stripy jumper of doom
This jumper is finally finished (apologies for the rubbish picture - it looks great on) having been OTN since January. The yarn is Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran from one of the Kemps grab bags


Peggy Sue got Buttons
And Peggy Sue is also finished with some modifications and another awful photo. I did the sleeves in the round until the elbow and then ribbed flat with buttonholes. I knit the 38" which was always going to be too big so added lots of waist shaping. Again this looks better on

And I made ginger cake but I don't have a photo of that

2 comments:

plumbum said...

Whee! Thank you.

I'm claiming the Knitting Goddess, if I may. I am glad that you can use Cityscape too and that Samantha also gets a prize. There would some good names -- I liked Dorian as a suggestion myself.

Samantha said...

There were, indeed, some great suggestions. I'm intrigued to see what Cityscape will turn out like? Thank you for awarding me the runner's up prize!